EPDM roofing or, Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer,
membrane has become increasingly popular among builders and owners due
to its lower cost to install. Most “tilt-up” construction commercial and
industrial buildings have chosen to use EPDM as there membrane of
choice. This single ply system is typically the least expensive of flat
roof membrane applications. Life expectance is around 20 years.
Advantages (benefits) of EPDM Roofing:
1. EPDM is a single ply synthetic rubber membrane which unlike most bituminous materials does not become brittle with age
2. Suitable for almost all flat or slightly pitched roofs including extensions, garages, dormers, porches etc.
3. 20 Year guarantee with a life expectancy exceeding 50 years.
4. Once installed the EPDM requires little or no maintenance and not a single drop of water will pass through the membrane.
5. Safe heat free application which equals lower insurance premiums.
6. Environmentally friendly.